- 1 Instructions on working with iRidium server web-interface
- 1.1 Why is web-interface required?
- 1.2 How to open Web-interface?
- 1.3 Web-interface capabilities
- 1.4 Description of the interface
Instructions on working with iRidium server web-interface
Why is web-interface required?
Web-interface is a tool to monitor and control iRidium server. It allows to update server software, to update projects, to reboot the server and control equipment via a project channels and tags.
How to open Web-interface?
To open web-interface, enter in the browser address line "server ip address:8888". Then you'll see a window to enter a password. After entering the correct password (default password - 2007), you get into Web-interface.
- Update server firmware
- Monitoring channels and tags of a server project and control of their current values.
- Monitoring messages from drivers and changing driver parameters
- Reviewing log archives
- Getting system information about the server
- Changing password to enter the web-interface
- Controlling parameters of data bases
- Updating a project from the transfer
- Controlling log settings
- Changing system settings (data, time, language, trend settings)
- Console to control server net settings
- Controlling GPIO
- Updating a server project from the cloud
Description of the interface
After entering the web-interface and entering the password, the main window of the interface is opened with buttons to go to submenus and to different server functions. The interface of the main window is subdevided into the following functional groups.
1. Work - This group contains the following functions: controlling drivers, channels, tags and reviewing log archive.
2. System - This group contains controlling system server functions, such as net settings, work with the data base, controlling panel projects.
3. Cloud - This group contains the following functions: synchronizing projects with the cloud and deactivating the server.
4. Information about the version of the server software and the current date and time.
5. Button to turn on\off the test mode.
6. Information about the license
7. Information about the load of the processor, RAM and storage.
8. Button to open the log.
Let's go over the functions of each submenu
This menu is meant to monitor and control driver channels and tags of a server project.
1. This section displays all channels of a server project. You can activate a channels by clicking Set button.
2. This section displays tags of a server project and their current values. You can write a new value in a tag by clicking the Set button. If tag values are logged in the data base you can open a trend of changes of this tag value by clicking the extreme right button.
3. This section allows to create a filter to display tags and channels in this menu.
This menu is meant to monitor drivers and changes in their settings.
1. This section contains a list of drivers of a server project.
2. This sections contains settings of a selected driver. You can change the settings of any driver and save them by clicking the Save Changes button.
3. This section contains the Save Changes button to save the changed setting of the driver and the Driver log button to open the log window of a selected driver.
This menu contains the list of logs for previous days.
The server logs events and stores them. You can download the log file for previous days in this menu. You can find system information and error events in these files.
This menu contains system information about the server.
- Build - Data and time of server update
- HWID - Server ID
- Device Name - Server name
- Device OS - Server operation system
- Device Family - Device family
- Device Model - Server model
- Document Directory - Directory where documents are stored
- Resource Directory - Directory where system files are stored
- Log Directory - Directory where log files are stored
Update Server firmware
To update the firmware of the server, go to the Info section and click on the Update button
A window will appear with an invitation to specify the link on which the update file is located. Specify a link to download the firmware and click Update
References to server firmware can be found here
In this section you can change the password to enter the web-interface and activate secure connection (SSL)
This section contains settings of the database
- DataBase Directory - Directory where the database is stored.
- DataBase Size - The current size of the database
- DataBase Size Limit - The minimal size of the database.
- Use Optimize - Turn on optimixation of the data base. The server descreases the size of the database by data compression.
- Optimization to - the size to which the database must be optimized.
- Insert Cache - Speeding up data logging in the database. If the server logs data often, and this point is on, the server logs data first in the temporary server memory, then when this memory is almost full log it in the database.
- Cache Row - The maximal size of the cache line
- File Name - Name of the database
- Journal Mode - Old setting. It is no longer used.
- Synchronization - Old setting. It is no longer used.
- Page Size - Old setting. It is no longer used.
- Cache Size - The maximal size of the temporary memory.
If you changed settings of the database, click Save Change to save the changes.
In this section you can indicate the IP address and the port of the PC where the Transfer is launched to uodate a project on the server, if the transfer does not see the server for some reason.
This section contains logging information and settings. The following functions are available to you.
- Log Level - Set the log level
- Log Files Size - The currect size of log files
- Log Size Limit - Set the maximal size of log files.
- Log Files Size Limit, Rows - The maximal number of lines in log files.
- Optimization to - Optimize the size of log files.
- Remote Log Settings Enable - Turn on remote logging on the server
This sectuib contains information and settings of trends, data, time, web-interface language an the number of simbols after the point in values.
- Float Precision - The number of simbols after the point in displaying tag values.
- Trend point count - Number of points in trends.
- Trend binary transport - use binary data transfer to display a trend. It speeds uo data transfer.
- Highlight Quality trend - show the time when the server was turned off by read areas on the trend.
- CSV delimeter - The devision simbol to work with csv files
- Date\Time format - Format of date and time
- Web Panel language - Language of the web-interface.
This section is a configuration file of server net settings. Here you can change the server IP address, port and other net settings.
This section is available only for Raspberry pi servers. These servers have GPIO jack where additional devices can be connected. This section of the web-interface displays devices connected to the server and allews to send data to them.
This section displays projects, uploaded to the My account, and allows to update a project on the server and upload another project to the server.