Authorize on the AppStore using the Apple ID with which the application will work.
- Installation from the "App Store" on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch:
Go to the iTunes account on your iOS device. Follow the link to i3 pro or input "i3 pro" in Search. Install the application.
- Installation via iTunes on your PC or Mac:
Start the iTunes application on your PC or Mac, input "i3 pro" in Search, download the application. Synchronize the iOS device with iTunes.
Sychronization with PC
Fast synchronization of projects with i3 pro is performed via iRidium Transfer. To work with iRidium Transfer, authorize in i3 pro using logs and the integrator password from the iRidium mobile web site.
Use of Transfer is available for the integrator only, as a debugging tool. Use the iRIdium Cloud service to send projects to the end-user
Add Control Panels in Transfer
- Start i3 pro on the control panel and iRidium Transfer on your PC
- Click the Search panel in Transfer - you will see the network scanning bar running
If Search does not work, read the instructions "Transfer Troubleshooting"
Add Your Project in Transfer
Add the project file (*.irpz) in iRidium Transfer. You can send the project file from iRidium Studio in Transfer by clicking "Send To Panel" on ToolBox
Prepare the Project
A control panel has two red fields:
- Select the project you want to upload on the control panel
- Set up its properties if necessary
- Select the control panel where you want to upload the project
Synchronize Transfer and the Panel
Variant 1 Click Reload in Transfer
- i3 pro is started and opened on the control panel
- the panel indicator in Transfer - green
Variant 2 Click "Send To Transfer" in Studio
- i3 pro is started and opened on the control panel
- Indicate the control panel where you want to upload your project
If the panel is not updated and the panel indicator does not become green, read "Transfer Troubleshooting"
Before purchasing the license work with iRidium is performed locally - the projects are uploaded on control panels with the help of iRidium Transfer. At that the Test mode of i3 pro is activated automatically.
iRidium Transfer does not work with use of commercial licenses. You need to upload projects in iRidium Cloud. The cloud stores the projects you want to provide for users of automation systems.
Authorize on the iRidium mobile web site to start work with iRidium Cloud. Go to the My account section, the My projects tab.
1 Create a folder and an object.
- You can systemize projects of different end-users with the help of folders and objects:
- A folder holds several automation objects by some common feature (for example, the same end-user)
- An object holds projects, users and the license used on one automation object (for example, a house or an office).
You cannot add projects and accounts of diffferent end-users in one object.
License selection and invitation of end-users to an automation object are available via your My account section in the cloud.
2 Upload projects from PC
- iRidium projects are files for launching visualization in the i3 pro application (*.irpz) and if there are any, projects for iRidium Server (*.sirpz). Projects are created by integrators of automation systems and uploads them in the cloud when they are completed.
If there is a license (see how to add it in the object below), visualization projects can be uploaded on the end-user's control panels.
Keep in mind that the Enterprise+ license has limitations for the number of projects which can be uploaded on the licensed object.
3 Select the suitable license
- Please read about above. A license can be bought for one automation object (and one end-user). Go to the "Licenses" tab and select:
- Create a license - use the built-in license calculator and pay Online
- Select a license out of the paid ones - select a license out the one bought by invoices or using the calculator on the web site.
When the license is assigned to the object, it cannot be transferred to another object! But you can add functions to it.
You can buy licenses in advance in the Price tab (My account).
If the license is short of some functions, you can update it and pay for the required functions. The license update is performed in object settings:
4 Invite users
- The user of iRidium visualization (i3 pro) must authorized in the i3 pro application using his/her email as a login. But the authorization and project upload will not be available to him/her until the integrator invites the user to the automation object.
- The invitation can be sent to the user via the "Users & Panels" tab. The user can be invited to on or several projects, then he/she will be able to download them on his/her tablet or smart phone, in the i3 pro application.
- You can add a user to an object in two ways (see the form "Invite a user"):
- "Invite" - to send a request by e-mail. In this case the user confirms creation of an account, chooses his/her password and sets up the account data on the iRidium mobile web site
- "Create an account" - to fill in the account data of the user and choose a password for him/her. In this case the user receives a notification about account creation which can be appealed against. This variant is good for work with the users who do not have a possibility to assist you with the initial setting up of i3 pro
- The user can authorize on 1 or several devices with his/her account. During the authorization iRidium Cloud gives the user the list of available objects and projects in them.
- During the project download the panel registers in the cloud, get the license and appears in the list of "Active panels", form where it can be deleted to clear space for another control panel (for example, to substitute the damaged one).
5 Upload projects on control panels and the server
- 5.1 To download the visualization project (*.irpz) on a smart phone, tablet or PC, the invited user has to authorize in i3 pro on the corresponding device:
- The project developer invites users by email
- The user follows the link in the invitation email and selects the password for accessing i3 pro
- The user authorizes in i3 pro and sees the project to which he is invited.
If there are several projects, the navigation between them is performed via Projects menu. It can be opened on the tablet or smart phone by the left-to-right swipe on the screen (click F7 on Windows). The menu shows the projects available to the user .
The user can log out of the account in the Settings tab to clear space for another control panel (deactivate the license) and delete all projects from the panel
- 5.2 The server receives the license and the project from the cloud but the developer (integrator) NOT the user must authorize on the server using the login and password on the iRidium mobile web site. To download the project (*.sirpz), launch the server, open the web-interface (see the instruction for your server) and activate the server:
- Input the login and password of the integrator account where you created the object with the server project
- Select the service password to access the server settings. It is 2007 by default.
- Then you will see the list of objects and server projects. Select the project which has to work on the server and click on it to download.
- The server will download the project and the license and it will be registered in the object. In the server web-interface (the Cloud tab) you can download another project for the server (see Projects) or deactivate the server (see Deactivate Server)
If there are no server projects in the cloud during authorization, you can upload them later in the server web interface, the Cloud tab, the Projects menu.
i3 pro Menu
Control of the i3 pro application is performed via the menu which can be opened:
- with the right-to-left swipe from the screen side (OS, Android)
- by clicking F7 (Windows, Mac)
The following actions are available in the i3 pro menu
- download projects from iRidium Cloud
- select the project for launching
- open the scanner of QR codes for fast project download by the link
- unauthorize to delete a device from the list of panels (to clear space for a new panel)
- local upload of projects from iRidium Transfer in the testing mode (for integrators only). The list of uploaded projects will also be displayed in the i3 pro menu.
Enter the i3 pro settings
- With the help of the command from iRidium Transfer
- Make sure the i3 pro application is running on the control panel
- Start iRidium Transfer, select the control panel, right-click on it
- Select "Show System Menu" - the settings window will open in i3 pro
- By a long hold on the screen
- Start i3 pro on Windows and left-click in any area of the project without active buttons (background, space between buttons)
- Hold the cursor (or a finger) for 10 seconds
- Input the password: 2007
i3 pro system settings
Settings of the i3 pro application available for editing during project work.
Settings for project update on control panels.
Host - the IP-address of PC from which the update will be performed. It will be written automatically at control panel "Search" in iRidium Transfer
Port - the ТСР port for project update. It is not reccomended to change it! If you need to change Update Port, also change it in the Transfer settings.
Enable - to activate\deactivate the possibility of project update on the control panel.
Update Now - to start project update from the indicated Host:Port
Password 1 - Password 4 - the passwords for accessing protected project pages. They can be changed for the project version uploaded on the device. When using passwords it is recommended to deactivate the possibility of entering the menu "on hold" in the Info (Enable System Menu > Off) tab. The passwords are set up in iRidium Studio
Disable NPot texture - it deactivates support of textures which are not 2-fold. On the outdated video cards it improves graphics performance by increasing the required memory of the 3D accelerator.
Render (Windows) - it allows you to select the system of image formatting. It is recommended to change it if your video card does not support one of the render types or iRidium does not close correctly (stays in the Windows task bar)
Scale Type - the type of project scaling (if the resolution is different from the screen resolution)
Brightness - control of the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch screen brightness
The drivers in the project. You can change settings of connection to equipment for the drivers in the list.
there are no properties in this section at the moment
Volume - volume of sounds in the application
Mute - to turn sounds in the application on/off
Remote Debugging - it sends the i3 pro log to the remote PC with the installed Syslog server. You need to set up the server address and logging depth.
Show FPS - to show the speed of interface update (frames per second)
Show License Message - to show/hide the message about working without a license.
Enable System Menu - to turn on/off the possibility of activating the i3 pro settings on holding in the application window.
Version... - i3 pro version
HWID... - the identifier of the Windows panel. It is used at licensing
i3 pro for iOS, Android and Mac (unlike for Windows) does not allow you to see the system log directly in the application. That is why Remote debugging is used:
The i3 pro log can be sent to a remote PC. The sending of the log is performed with the help of special programs for registration of the system log which are called Syslog Server. Example of such program: www.winsyslog.com.
[Install] and set up the server:
- 1. indicate the UDP-port for launching the service: 514, the same as in the i3 pro system settings
- 2. start Syslog Server
Set up i3 pro for connection to Syslog Server:
- 1. Indicate the logging depth for iRidium systems and subsystems in iRidium Studio. The setting up is performed in the Properties tab. The logging depth: from EMERGENCY (errors only) to DEBUG (full information)
- 2. Indicate the logging depth for each driver added in the project
- 3. Activate the Remote Debugging option in the properties of the panel project, indicate Host - the IP-address of the PC with running Syslog Server. Leave the default logging port (514).
- 4. Remote debugging of i3 pro can be set up not only in the project on PC but also via the i3 pro system menu. Open the menu with the command "Show System Menu" by right-clicking on the panel in iRidium Transfer. In the Info tab tick "Remote Debugging" and indicate Host - the IP-address of the PC with running Syslog Server
Guided Access is «a mode of restricted use» of Apple iOS, a standard iOS option beginning with iOS 6.
The guided access allows you to lock the Home button so you could not leave the application. It also allows you to leave only a part of the screen active by limiting work with its areas. Setting up and removing of the guided acces is performed using the code password. The lock screen and "sleep" remain active.
Settings > General > Universal access > Guided access
The mode is useful when using iPad, iPhone, iPod touch as a panel in a shop, hotel, on a demo stand, in a show-room, at an expo, etc.
demonstration of the guided access on iPad:
see video >>
There is a number of typical problems which can lead to the disfunction of the panel search in iRidium Transfer or disable project uploading on control panels. Even when your application is set up correctly you can face the situation when you need to check some settings of PC, network and safety.
All problems described in this article can occur in practical work. Please check their solutions here before contacting iRidium Support Team!
How to understand that there is a problem ?
- Panel indicator in Transfer - green
- The project and license file are selected (the license file is not necessary but equipment cannot be controlled without it)
- You can see the "Downloading" bar in Transfer
- There is the "Updating has finished" string in the Transfer log
- You see your updated project after the process is finished
Panel indication in Transfer
The indicator in Transfer displays the i3 pro state. To update the project the indicator has to be green (On) and i3 pro has to be started and opened:
Please perform all actions below one by one. They will help you to find and fix the problem:
If you see the yellow icon On of i3 pro panel in Transfer it means that the ability of update has been trned Off in i3 pro settings. To turn it On again:
- press on panel in Transfer by the right mouse button, select "Show system menu"
- now you see the System setting in i3 pro . Select the "Update" tab
- set the tick Enable and press "Save & Exit"
- press the button in Transfer. Now the project updated!
iRidium versions on PC and your control panel have to correspond:
- with iRidium V1.5 you need to use the iRidiumHD application
- with iRidium V2.1 you need to use the i2 Control application
- with iRidium V2.2 you need to use the i2 Control V2.2 application
- with iRidium V3.x you need to use the i3 pro application
The OS version of control panels mast be supported. For V3.x (i3 pro) you have to use:
- Apple iOS 8 and later - iPad, iPhone
- Windows 7/8/10 - PCs, mono-blocks, tablet computers. Embedded versions and OS Emulators are not supported!
- Android 4.4 and later - smartphones and tablet computers. It is required to have a possibility to write data in the device internal memory (at least 50Mb) an at least one network interface (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, 2g/3g/4g)
Make sure the Wi-Fi network is not "Public", as Search and Upload will not work in this mode.
Only ONE network connection should be selected in the Transfer settings:
Confirm the changes and restart Transfer.
Turn off the Windows brandmauer. It is the most common reason of problems with project upload.
The brandmauer does not show messages about blocking Transfer. The problem can appear after you reinstall Transfer, restart your PC or change your Wi-Fi network even if there were no problems before.
Start > Control Panel > Windows Brandmauer >Turn Windows Brandmauer On or Off > Turn Brandmauer Off.
If it helped add iRidium Transfer in the list of exceptions of the brandmauer (or temporarily turn it off).
Turn off any anti-virus software (for example, AVAST, ESET, Kaspersky, Dr.WEB, Microsoft, Panda, Agnitum, etc.) temporarily. If you are sure that you will do it correctly just add iRidium Transfer in the list of exceptions of your anti-virus software. Restart Transfer.
The project might not upload on the control panel because of incorrect settings of the IP-network.
For example, on one of the devices Wi-Fi can be off or the devices might be in different IP-subnetworks. To check it,
pingthe control panel with the PC where Transfer is running:
Start > Run > cmd > ping <IP of the panel> >>> ping 192.168.0.10
Check network settings on all devices - their addresses should belong to one network and subnetwork:
If there are problems with network connection please contact your local network administrator.
The Transfer application uses ТСР port
10000 and UDP ports
10002 for searching panels and uploading projects. Some applications, for example uTorrent, also use these ports and thus block the work of Transfer.
If the port of project uploading (10000) is busy, you will see the message in Transfer. Do not ignore it. Turn off the third-party applications which show network activity and restart Transfer.
Make sure you added your project and license in Transfer, and not only upload the standard interface (default screen saver) which is stored in Transfer by default.
When making any changes in your project you need to update the project in Transfer for these changes to be uploaded on the control panel.
If you use the static address of the PC and panel, make sure all required fields of connection settings are filled in (especially the router address). Otherwise, you will have ping but Search will not work.
- The device IP-address should be unique in one IP subnetwork
- The router have to be indicated and it should be done correctly. Otherwise, the client will not be able to connect to Transfer for project uploading.
- DNS should be indicated. Generally it is the same as Default Gateway
If you use DHCP click "Renew Lease"
Due to security settings on Samsung note 3 tablets and due to problems with firmware on some HTC smartphones (HTC Sensation, HTC Incredible S) the panel search function and update from Transfer do not work.
In the case of such problem you should update your project through i3 pro system settings. See more information about it in “What to do if you couldn’t fix the problem”.
What to do if you couldn’t fix the problem
Use these instructions if you need to solve the problems urgently. In other cases please contact iRidium Support Team to find out the reasons of problems with panel search or project upload as this method does not always help.
You can initiate project upload manually. The indicator of the panel in Transfer will be red but in some cases the project upload becomes possible.
- Start i3 pro on the control panel.
- Hold a finger on any area of the application without active items (for example, in the left upper corner) for 10 seconds.
- You will see the password request. Enter 2007 and click ОК
- Open the "Update" tab, activate the update - Update: ON
- In the "Host" property indicate the IP-address of the computer where Transfer is running.
- Click "Update Now"
- In the Transfer log (if Search didn’t work) you will see the message "Authorization is false" (the device is not in the list). The device HWID will be shown in the line before the message:
- Copy the HWID and add it in the list of panels
- Close i3 pro. The application should NOT be in the background
- Select the project and license and restart i3 pro. The upload of the project on the panel will start.
If Search didn’t work, it will not work but you will be able to upload your projects by restarting the application on the panel.
Please go through all the above mentioned solutions one more time. If it didn't work, contact iRidium Support Team.