the documentation is updated 27.6.2016
iRidium Sever for Windows - it is a software implementation of iRidium Server. It is launched as a console application or as a service on any PC, all-in-one PC, minicomputer or laptop with the desktop version of Windows 7/8/10 OS.
To use iRidium Server you need a license for iRidium 3
- Intel NUC, Intel stick
Intel® NUC can be equipped with different processors. The delivery set can include system boards and packs optimized for installation of memory modules, hard disks and any operating system
Recommended load (Intel NUC):
- 50 of control panels
- more then 2000 of iRidium Server tags
Recommended load (Casatunes):
- 20 of control panels
- up to 2000 of iRidium Server tags
iRidium Server connects to equipment and sends commands from control panels to it. The control panels connect to the server to control equipment through it, get feedback, download logs and databases.
The database can store information about server work for the time since the server was launched. The control panels can output logs from the database and build graphs of changes in server variables.
You can control iRidium Server via the console on the PC where it is launched and from the web-interface.
Installation and setting up
To install iRidium Server on Windows:
1 Go to the Download section on the web site iridiummobile.net and download the installation file Setup iRidium.exe
2 The process of installation:
- select the path for installing software (by default: C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\iRidium Mobile 3)
- select the path for unpacking resources and storing logs (by default: C:\Users\<User>\Documents\iRidium Mobile 3)
- indicate which components you want to install:
- Full - all components
- Server - only iRidium Server
- Client - only i3 pro for Windows
- Development - all components except iRidium Server
- Custom - select a custom set of components
- select if you want to launch iRidium Server together with Windows or not
The installer creates a folder on the desktop. It contains tags for fast access to iRidium components.
3 Start the iRidium Server.exe file
The server can be launched as a server or as an application. At PC reload the service starts work automatically.
The server does not work on virtual machines!
If the server does not start, launch it under Administrator rights
4 Set up the server with the help of the web-interface:
- Click on
Win the console of the iRidium Server application
- Follow the link
- 4 Authorize on the server using the integrator's login and password from the iRidium mobile web site. You cannot use the server without authorization.
Go through all authorization steps to get access to the server settings. Activate the option "Test Mode: ON" in the server settings to use it in the fully functional mode. You can see more information about the use modes in the section Licensing Policy.
With the activated Test Mode you can also test work of cloud projects and upload projects from iRidium Transfer (locally, without iRidium Cloud).
Project Development and Launch
When the server is installed, you can start developing its configuration and logic:
You have to upload the ready project to iRidium Server: